Thursday, August 29, 2013

DAY 2


Day2
It was a most unusual day. Yes, it’s Interstate all the way to Paducah, KY, 470 miles. But to keep me wake it included Atlanta, Chattanooga and Nashville. I really don’t like navigating the Interstate through large urban communities. The residents are always late for work, late for shopping or late for something and have little patience for old guys with Florida tags trying to find his way through their fair city. As for Atlanta, I have tried going through on I-75, that sucks, traffic comes to a complete stop about the time your in the middle of downtown. I tried it from the north; I’ve tried it from the south, impossible. I’ve tried the beltway, I-285, on the east side of town, slow traffic and backups. I’ve tried the beltway on the west side of town; one could read Gone with the Wind while sitting in traffic. There is no good way to get through ATLANTA!
But, once your north of this pride of the new south, the terrain starts to change, yesterday I said scenic was not a description of I-75 well that was yesterday. In North Georgia hill country, I-75 is quite scenic. What ever happened to the Kudzu? I didn’t see any of it today. Good riddance.
Once we cleared Chattanooga, I-24 through the mountains was beautiful. Heading North West we were soon coming down the mountains and rolling open farm land took us into Kentucky. Past Lake Barkley and reminisced about the bike trip to the 100th Anniversary when we overnighted at the State Park on the lake.
We had lunch today at a Cracker Barrel so for dinner we opted for the Texas Roadhouse right behind the Pear Tree Inn our lodging for this night.
Tomorrow we heading for Independence, MO home of our 33rd President Harry S. Truman


No comments:

Post a Comment