Monday, August 26, 2013

Time Draws Near


Time draws near for our westward departure. We have been busy organizing stuff like lodging reservations, drug supplies (medically prescribed drugs that is) while trying to learn how to use the new cell phone! I can now make a call and probably receive a call. It has been paired with the MS SYNC system in the Conestoga (otherwise known as the Focus Hatchback). Now I can use the phone in a hands free manor, whoopee!
 
We received a call from niece Diann saying that the wildfires in Yosemite, 200 miles away, were blanketing Dayton, NV with smoke. She said it reminded her of San Francesco fog. Plans to visit Yosemite are on hold.
 
I showed the trip plan to Jim Wattam and seeing the national parks we were planning to visit, he suggested that we admit our age and get a Senior Pass. It gets us into any US National Park, it’s good for life and it only costs $10! In that admission to just Mt. Rushmore is $11, it looked like a deal to me.
 
So Judy and I drove to the nearest National Park, The De Soto National Memorial in Bradenton and bought into the program.
 
Now, do I have all the cords and cables for the GPS, the laptop, the cell phone and my Nook? I’d better check for batteries for the camera too. Let’s get packing!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment